In our series, Fast Five with the Paradigm Health team, we introduce you to a member of our team to learn more about their role and why they are Hoosiers caring for Hoosiers.
Paradigm Health Director of Supportive Services
- Katie works with Paradigm Health as director of supportive services and she currently oversees Paradigm Health’s supportive services department which includes social workers, chaplains, music therapists, the volunteer program, and the bereavement program. She began her career as a medical social worker and also has experience as a both a volunteer and bereavement coordinator. Katie also has held various roles in mental health and social services.
- She has been with Paradigm Health for 6 years and has a degree in psychology from Miami University and a masters of social work (MSW) from San Jose State in California.
- An online job posting led Katie to Paradigm Health when the company was just a year old. While joining an unestablished company was a risk in the beginning, she has loved being a part of the growth over the years and really enjoys the culture at Paradigm Health. She credits the fun and supportive culture to such a dynamic team support system that always has the patient as a priority.
- Katie shares that she loves many aspects of her job but if she had to pick a favorite, it would be helping people and providing education on all the wonderful benefits that hospice can provide to support patients and their caregivers and families.
- When not at work, Katie enjoys staying active with her family — she is married with two sons — watching her sons play sports and hiking and biking to stay fit. Her dog, Nano, rounds out the active family.
For more information about joining the Paradigm Health team, visit our Careers page.