In our series, Fast Five with the Paradigm Health team, we introduce you to a member of our team to learn more about their role and why they are Hoosiers caring for Hoosiers.
Victoria Brown, Paradigm Health Music Therapist
- Victoria works as one of four board-certified music therapists at Paradigm Health.
- She began her career at Paradigm Health as an intern in January 2019 and has been on staff as a music therapist since July 2019.
- Victoria first heard about Paradigm Health when she was a music therapy student at the University of Dayton. There, she was given the opportunity to observe Paradigm Health music therapist Becky Sharaya. This experience sparked Victoria’s interest in hospice work, which ultimately led her to completing her music therapy internship with Paradigm Health. As an intern, Victoria fell in love with Paradigm Health’s culture and values. She appreciates that everyone on the team is so passionate about what they do, and says, “Who wouldn’t want to be a part of that?”
- There are many different aspects Victoria loves about her job. She enjoys forming close relationships with her patients and their families. She says it is such a privilege to be able to walk alongside them and to help them connect more deeply with themselves and one another through music. Victoria loves the unique life experiences and perspective that each patient brings, along with how it enriches her own life.
- Outside of work, Victoria enjoys spending time with friends and family. She is very active in her church and spends most of her free time either on walks with her beagle, Junie, at her favorite local coffee shop, or making music.
For more information about joining the Paradigm Health team, visit our Careers page.