Paradigm Health’s Palliative Care Approach Helps Manage Disease Symptoms
If you have been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer, palliative care can be especially helpful even early on. Paradigm Health’s community-based, team approach to palliative care is comprehensive and works as a support system for your disease’s trajectory. It can help manage symptoms like pain, nausea and vomiting, anemia, a decrease in appetite, sleeping concerns, lack of energy and fatigue.
Metastatic Breast Cancer and Palliative Care
Paradigm Health’s palliative care offers many benefits to patients including:
- A community-based approach to palliative care can allow a Paradigm Health nurse practitioner to pull everything together for the patient.
- It can streamline, collaborate, organize and facilitate resources but does not replace the primary care physician or any specialists. It can aggregate the information for the patient to create a unique plan of care goals for each patient.
- Allows a Paradigm Health licensed clinical social workers to focus on supportive counseling to assist patients in understanding and coping with the changes in their medical status or to assist in advanced care planning.
- Strengthens the lines of communication between all medical clinicians to make sure all caregiving is collaborative and shared.
- Is available for patients no matter where they call home.
For more information, visit the Cleveland Clinic’s website or give us a call at 317-635-6001 for information on how palliative care can benefit your caregiving journey.