You may think that palliative care is hospice care. But they are not the same. Choosing the right palliative care company is important when putting together an experienced and responsible caregiving team. Paradigm Health’s holistic team approach goes above and beyond to make sure the patient is both comfortable and has access to many care-plan options.
What are the benefits of a palliative care team? A team philosophy can:
- Put in place a community-based approach to allow the Paradigm Health nurse practitioner to pull everything together for the patient.
- Organize and facilitate resources but does not replace the primary care physician or any specialists. It can aggregate the information for the patient in order to create the plan of care goals.
- Allow our licensed clinical social workers to assist in connecting the patient and the patient’s family with community resources and provide any education that is needed.
- Strengthen the lines of communication between all medical clinicians to make sure all caregiving is collaborative and shared.
Palliative care is a specialty of medicine focused on the symptoms, pain and stress of a serious illness. This focus of care is an extra level of support to increase the quality of life and allow you or a loved one to remain at home alleviating multiple trips back and forth to the hospital. Anyone who is severely or chronically ill can benefit from palliative care and you can receive that care no matter where you call home.
The benefits of palliative care can enhance the quality of everyday life:
- It is offered to patients who are seriously ill to be used alongside curative and other treatments.
- It does not replace clinical care, but rather addresses symptoms and care management.
- It is not dependent on a set criteria or treatment options and can provide assistance with advanced care planning and goals of care discussions.
At Paradigm Health we are Hoosiers caring for Hoosiers and can help as you put in a place a palliative care team that goes above and beyond for you and your loved one every day. For information call us at 317-735-6001 or visit our webpage. We can help.