Many who have been recently diagnosed with a chronic disease or illness are searching for care options that allow them to receive treatment no matter where they call home. Paradigm Health’s palliative care services are provided in whatever setting you or your loved one calls home including a private home, nursing home, or assisted living facility. You might also wonder how this type of care will collaborate with your physician.
Will palliative care replace my primary care physician?
- No. Palliative care does not replace current medical care, rather, it is a specialty consultative medical practice that addresses symptoms and care management. Paradigm Health nurse practitioners maintain regular contact with a patient’s primary physician to provide collaborative and consistent care.
Who would be a part of a palliative caregiving team?
- Nurse Practitioner: Directs symptom management; care plan navigation and medical records reconciliation.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker: Assists in connecting family and patient with community resources; offers counseling options
- This is often times beyond the medical and moves into psycho-social therapies to combat anxiety and depression.
- May be able to recommend other needed therapies for the patient including physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy
Paradigm Health’s holistic team approach to palliative care can help alleviate stress and assist in creating a plan of care that is individual to you or your loved one’s specific needs. For more information on how we can help, call us at 317-735-6001 or visit our palliative care webpage.