Paradigm Health’s Community-Based Palliative Care Approach
Adding a second layer of support for your loved one’s care is invaluable
You may have been home recently for the Thanksgiving holiday and noticed some changes in your aging parents or a loved one. This isn’t uncommon especially for those of us who may not see friends and family who live far away on a regular basis. While it is often difficult to face the fact that there has been a significant shift in the overall health of an aging parent or loved one, recognizing that help is needed can be the first step to putting in place a unique and community-based palliative care approach.
What should you be on the lookout for?
- A decline in overall health
- Recurring emergency room visits or an increase in hospital admissions
- Confusion with medication
- Serious side effects from treatments like chemotherapy
Palliative care through Paradigm Health offers:
- Specialized medical care for people living with a serious illness
- A community-based approach to provide essential interdisciplinary care in the home setting
- Collaboration with current providers, including but not replacing a primary care physician, to address symptoms and streamline care management
- Care that is appropriate at any stage in a serious illness, and can be provided alongside home health or curative treatment
What is palliative care?
Palliative care is a specialty of medicine focused on the symptoms, pain and stress of a serious illness. This focus of care is an extra level of support to increase quality of life and allows patients to remain at home alleviating multiple trips back and forth to the hospital. Anyone who is severely or chronically ill can benefit from palliative care and they can receive that care no matter where they call home.
If you’ve recently seen changes in your aging parent or loved one, palliative care may be the extra layer of support for their primary care physician to help in managing and streamlining care. Call us at 317-735-6001 for more information and to learn how community-based palliative care through Paradigm Health can help.