Is It the Right Time for Palliative or Hospice Care?
Answer these questions to determine if palliative or hospice care could benefit you or a loved one. Dealing with a series, life-limiting illness is not always easy. Paradigm Health’s community-based approach to palliative and hospice care can provide the compassionate, hands-on care and resources needed to support the patient, family and caregivers.
- Has quality of life changed for you or your loved one?
- Have you or your loved one been admitted to the hospital or gone to the emergency services department multiple times for illness in the last six months to a year?
- Have you or your loved one been told that your serious illness has progressed or has limited treatment options?
- Has the medical care for you or your loved one become too much for family to handle alone?
- Have you or your loved one experienced shortness of breath, even while at rest?
- Have you or your loved one experienced increased pain or symptoms that are no longer controlled?
- Have you or your loved one started to experience complications of care such as pneumonia, bed sores or urinary tract infections?
- Have you or your loved one fallen multiple times within the last six months?
- Has a physician started talking to you about comfort and quality of life?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the questions above, it may be time to search for a hospice or palliative caregiving partner for support and assistance. At Paradigm Health, we are good listeners and take the time to understand each patient’s individual and unique wishes for care.
For a more in-depth discussion of how our services can support the caregiving journey, contact us.