As a proud We Honor Vets partner, making sure veterans receiving hospice care are aware of and educated on their benefits is important to our hospice caregiving team.
The Veteran’s Administration (VA) through the Build Community Connections grant is now providing an opportunity for veteran’s currently receiving hospice care. If you are a veteran experiencing symptoms that might be helped by mental health intervention and support, a new tele-mental health option is available.
The VA shares that the service is intended to be a supportive collaboration with hospice agencies like Paradigm Health when veteran’s mental health may need extra support. All veterans are eligible.
Veteran telehealth for mental health might assist with support for:
- Anxiety related to military experiences or end of life
- Distressful verbal communications
- Distressful dreams or images that are upsetting to the Veteran
- Expressions of remorse from service-related experiences
- Requests for forgiveness from service-related experiences
- Difficulty with adjustment to death or acceptance of death
If you or a veteran loved one is struggling with mental health during hospice care, talk with your hospice care provider for assistance in support from the VA. As a We Honor Vets hospice care provider, Paradigm Health can be of assistance for veterans to help connect them with resources. Visit our We Honor Vets page.