The Veteran’s Administration (VA) through the Build Community Connections grant is now providing an opportunity for veteran’s currently receiving hospice care. If you are a veteran experiencing symptoms that might be helped by mental health intervention and support, a new tele-mental health option is available.
The VA shares that the service is intended to be a supportive collaboration with hospice agencies like Paradigm Health when veteran’s mental health may need extra support. All veterans are eligible.
Veteran telehealth for mental health might assist with support for:
- Anxiety related to military experiences or end of life
- Distressful verbal communications
- Distressful dreams or images that are upsetting to the Veteran
- Expressions of remorse from service-related experiences
- Requests for forgiveness from service-related experiences
- Difficulty with adjustment to death or acceptance of death
If you or a veteran loved one is struggling with mental health during hospice care, talk with your hospice care provider for assistance in support from the VA. As a We Honor Vets hospice care provider, Paradigm Health can be of assistance for veterans to help connect them with resources. Visit our We Honor Vets page.